1 Japanese sweet potato cubed (or other sweet potato/yam)
1 chopped red onion
1 tablespoon of ffresh rosemary
4 finely chopped garlic cloves
1 small piece of ginger root finely chopped
1 red pepper sliced into strips
Toasted sesame oil for cooking
¼ cup bragg’s liquid aminos (more to bring out the savory!)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon honey (more to bring out the sweet!)
¼ cup coconut flakes
1. Heat oil in wok or frying pan
2. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and let cook for about a minute
3. Add sweet potatoes and allow to cook for a few minutes
4. Add pepper and let it cook until sweet potatoes are tender
5. Add chili powder and bragg’s while cooking
6. Once sweet potatoes are tender toss in honey and coconut flakes and rosemary
7. Turn off heat and stir thoroughly
• High in fiber
• Heart Healthy
• Rich in Vitamin A, C, and E
• High in manganese
• Natural antibiotic
• Immune boosting
• Weight control
Recipe by your friend Mr. F on LI, NY 2013
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved
TED style Buffalo Wings!
Total making time: 1 hour and 10 minutes.
24 Organic and Free Range Chicken Wings
1 cup Nutritional Yeast
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Honey (or maple syrup)
For Hot Sauce:
10 large red peppers (capsicum)
2 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tablespoons of lime/lemon juice
8 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon of ginger
2 tablespoons of Cayenne Pepper
1 teaspoon of Himalayan Salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 F.
2. Make the hot sauce: Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers. Place all Hot Sauce ingredients into a food processor and blend. Pour into a pot and bring to the boil on high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens.
3. Oil an oven dish with coconut oil. Place the chicken wings in. Add half the hot sauce.
4. Cook for 35 minutes and then make more sauce to add...
5. In a bowl mix the rest of the Hot Sauce with 1/2 cup of honey and 3/4 cup of nutritional yeast. Add this sauce to the chicken wings. Sprinkle 1/4 cup nutritional yeast on top and then cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and enjoy!
Serve with quinoa!