Total preparation time:
minutes for each flavor of chocolate and then one hour setting in the fridgeMakes:
100g of chocolate, or 10 eggs at 10g eachIngredients:White Chocolate base:
3/4 cup of cacao butter (96g)
2 tablespoons of raw honey, maple syrup or agave3/4 cup almond meal
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
This is your chocolate base. Add the ingredients below to this chocolate base for other flavors. Use the same base for all of the following... So this recipe gives you 10 eggs, if you repeat the recipe and make all the flavors suggested below you will have 90 eggs. Or make the White Chocolate Base and then half the recipe so you will make 45 eggs with these 9 different flavors.
(SEE PHOTO ABOVE)For white chocolate with chocolate chips eggs:
Add 1 tablespoon of cacao nibsFor pink white chocolate eggs:
Add 1 tablespoon beet juice and swirl it in once the chocolate is in the mold. For chocolate eggs:
Add 2 tablespoons of cacao powderFor orange chocolate eggs:
Add 1 teaspoon of Orange essential oil or to taste (food grade)For mint chocolate:
Add 1/4 cup mint leaves or 2 drops of essential mint oil (food grade) or to tasteFor dark chocolate eggs:
Add 1 tablespoon more of cacao powderFor chocolate coconut eggs:
add 1 tablespoon coconut oil
add 1 tablespoon coconut flakesFor milker chocolate eggs:
Add 2 tablespoons of almond butter (or more to your taste) preferably ALMONDIE
Almond Butter. Swirl the almond butter in once set in the mold, see photo above!Action:
1. Melt the cacao butter either in the sun or on low heat in a double boiler.
2. Once melted, add your choice of sweetner to the pot and stir well so it all blends together.
3. Stir in the almond meal. The mixture should be smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract and salt. Taste it and add more sweetner if you like it sweeter, add more cacao butter if you need it more like liquid. Add in almond butter to make it smoother.
4. Now you have your white chocolate egg base. Now you can add other flavors (see above) to make a variety of flavored eggs.
4. Set in egg molds, and set in the freezer or fridge until hard (1 hour).
5. Eat and enjoy!Benefits:
+ RAW (use raw honey), VEGAN (use maple syrup)
+ GLUTEN FREE
+ DAIRY FREE
+ SOY FREE
+ Refined sugar freeCACAO:
+ High in ANTI OXIDANTS
+ Aids weight loss
+ High in magnesiumESSENTIAL ORANGE OIL:
+ Anti inflammatory
+ Anti depressant
+ Anti spasmodic
+ Anti septic
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray
at Easter in NYC 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™
All Rights Reserved