Total making time: 30 minutes
1 cup of quinoa
2 cups of water
1 purple onion
1 cup fresh cilantro/coriander
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1 teaspoon of himalayan salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more if you like it spicy!)
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil for cooking
1 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
1. In a pot put the quinoa and 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil. Stir, cover and reduce heat to low. Let the quinoa cook for 10-20 minutes or until soft and water is absorbed.
2. Dice the onion. Chop the avocado in cubes.
3. In a fry pan heat coconut oil and add the onion (save some raw onion for serving at the end). Fry for a couple minutes and add the parsley. Fry together until the onions are golden brown.
4. Add the quinoa to the onions and stir.
5. Stir in the salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric and cayenne pepper.
6. Serve into bowls and garnish with fresh cilantro, raw onion and avocado.
+ Wrap a spoonful of Qunioa in a lettuce wrap!
+ Try a squeeze of lemon!
+ High in protein, iron and magnesium (quinoa)
+ Aids good digestion
+ Cleanses the liver
+ Soothing, calming, warming
+ Contains lysine (quinoa) - good for tissue growth and repair
+ Natural antiseptic and anti biotic
This recipe is HYBRID (cooked and raw), VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE and SOY FREE.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray in New York 2013.
Photo by Roxxe Photography NYC
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved