Prep Time: 25 min.
1 bunch collard greens cut around stem and into small strips
*save the stem for a juice or smoothie!
1 head cauliflower chopped into bite sized pieces
1 ½ onions chopped finely
4 garlic cloves chopped finely
1 ½ cups rice or quinoa
5 cups vegetable stock
2 tablespoon garlic powder
4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
Himalayan(or sea) salt & and black2 cups black eyed peas (pre soaked and boiled OR organic pba-free canned)
1. Bring vegetable stock to a boil in a large sauce pan
2. Place all vegetables and quinoa in pot, reduce to medium-low and cover
3. Let it cook until quinoa is soft and most of vegetable stock absorbed
4. Add garlic powder, black eyed peas and white balsamic vinegar
5. Stir and add Himalayan salt/pepper to your liking!
Benefits:+ Collard Greens - Helps lower cholesterol, vegan, low-calorie, high-fiber, rich in phyto-nutrients,energy boosting, protein, excellent source of folates, heart healthy, ridiculously rich in vitamin K, source of vitamin c, many b vitamins, contains iron, calcium, copper, manganese, selenium and zinc. WOW!
+ Cauliflower - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=569855386380578&set=a.147280615304726.21413.127773420588779&&theater
+ Quinoa - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=571168089582641&set=a.147280615304726.21413.127773420588779&&theater
* CHOOSE ORGANIC, seasonal and local whenever possible!
This recipe created by Mr F 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved