"I was inspired to make this recipe as I was craving potatoes, and wanted to eat them two different styles, and then added a salad to balance it out and ease digestion! very fulfilling for potato lovers! You could also use sweet potatoes." Liana Werner-Gray
Total making time:
1 large papaya
1 head of lettuce, kale, a large bunch of sporuts, baby spinach or arugula or a combination of all!
1 cup of cilantro/coriander
3/4 cup of Nutritional yeast
One large Onion
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon of Himalayan SaltAction:
1. Put 4 potatoes in a pot and cover well with water. Boil potatoes and cook until soft.
2. While those potatoes are boiling cut the other 4 potatoes into slices for a potato bake. Preheat the oven to 400°F
(204 Celsius). Use an oven dish and coat the bottom with olive oil. Then do a layer of potatoes. Then sprinkle some nutritional yeast on top with a layer of onion. Add another layer of potatoes. Then on top of that add more nutritional yeast, onion and some cilantro. Add more olive oil and coat it well. Add a top layer of potatoes with more nutritional yeast and onion. Now you have a stack of potatoes for potato bake. Bake it in the oven for about 25 minutes or until cooked through and top is golden brown.
3. Once the boiled potatoes are cooked, mash them with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of himalayan salt. Add more coconut oil if you like it creamy. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
4. Make the salad, put all the greens on a plate, add chopped papaya and squeeze the salad with lemon.
5. Garnish with fresh cilantro/coriander. Benefits:
+ GLUTEN FREE
+ DAIRY FREE
+ Hybrid - half cooked and half raw, RAW for living nutrients
+ Vegan+ Potatoes:
Since potatoes predominantly contain carbohydrates, they are easy to digest and facilitate digestion.+ Papaya:
Rich in Vitamins, Minerals and Anti-Oxidants, Encourages Weight Loss+ Cilantro/Coriander:
Helps in proper secretion of enzymes and digestive juices in the stomach and stimulates digestion.
*Always choose ORGANIC whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray
in Costa Rica 2013.
Photo thanks to Rock'n Raw Photos
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™
All Rights Reserved