4 large potatoes
6 tablespoons of cup coconut oil
1 large brown onion, sliced
1 large clove of garlic, diced
3/4 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
3 tablespoons peas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut the potatoes into thick slices.
3. First layer: In a deep oven dish, place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, and a layer of potatoes so that they cover the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with a third of the sliced onion, a third of the diced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric, and 1 tablespoon of peas.
4. Repeat another layer of potatoes, oil and the spices.
5. Repeat a third and final layer.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until potatoes are soft and to your liking.
1. Sprinkle nutritional yeast on the layers for a cheesy taste.
2. Sprinkle cayenne pepper on the layers for a spicy taste.
3. You can of course make this without peas, and add any vegetables that you like!
+ A great recipe to relieve stress, can be useful for people with depression/bipolar
+ Can be immune boosting
+ Potatoes: High in Vitamin C, B6 and Potassium
+ Coconut oil: aids healthy hair and skin
+ Turmeric: High in iron and manganese, powerful healing properties
+ Onion: High in Vitamin C
+ Peas: High in Vitamin C and K
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Rock'n Raw Photos.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved