Makes 10 squares
1. In a blender place the shredded coconut, rolled oats and almond meal and pulse together until flour consistency, a bit of texture left in this mixture is good! Pour into a bowl.
2. Place in all other ingredients except blueberries and mix well until it becomes a cookie dough consistency .
3. In a brownie tray lined with baking paper and/or greased with coconut oil place half the mixture and flatten it out. Then add the blueberries and evenly space. Then add the rest of the mixture on top and press down firmly.
4. Set in the fridge for 2-3 hours. Then cut into squares and serve!
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup almond meal
½ cup coconut milk
¾ cup (90g) of cacao butter melted in the sun or very low heat
1/3 cup of honey
2 punnets of blueberries
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract or shavings of 2 vanilla beans
High in antioxidants and fibre
Good source of selenium
Lowers blood pressure and cholesterol
Good for women postmenopausal
Makes 12 balls
2/3 cups of rolled oats (gluten free)
2/3 cups of cashews
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean
2 teaspoons of honey or maple syrup
1 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
2 tablespoons of cacao powder
2 tablespoons of cacao nibs (will be the ‘chocolate chips’)
1. Blend the cashews and oats in a food processor so it makes a ‘flour meal’ consistency.
2. In a bowl add this blend, along with the vanilla, salt and honey and stir. Once all mixed add the cacao nibs and stir!
3. Taste and add water if needed, or more honey if you like it sweeter. It should be a cookie dough consistency.
4. Roll the mixture into balls.
5. On a plate roll the balls in cacao powder.
6. Eat and enjoy! Keep in fridge.
+ADD Peanut Butter to make it “Peanut Butter Cookie Dough”
* You can make this without cacao nibs
* Use Vanilla Beans if possible. If not use Vanilla Extract the kind without added sugar – check the ingredients on the back!
· Rich in iron, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium and zinc
· Good source of phytochemicals, antioxidants, and protein
· Rich in copper for good skin
· Lowers cholesterol