2 cups macadamia nuts (or use walnuts, brazil nuts, almonds but macadamias seem to work best!)
1 1/2 cups cashews
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup dried coconut
6 tablespoons coconut oil melted
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup maple syrup, honey or raw agave nectar
1 sun-dried vanilla bean or 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
3 cups mixed berries, such as blueberries and raspberries for garnish
1. Soak the cashews and macadamias in water in separate bowls for at least 5 hours.
2. Pulse macadamia nuts and dates in food processor to a sticky crumb-like consistency. Sprinkle dried coconut on bottom of 8-inch pie pan. Press macadamia nut mixture onto coconut to make crust.
3. Place cashews, coconut oil, lime juice, maple syrup, vanilla and 6 tablespoons of water in a food processor and do it until smooth fluffy puree texture.
4. Pour mixture onto crust, and freeze 2 hours or until firm. Remove from freezer, slice while frozen, and serve with berries!!! Let is defrost to get soft or eat it as a hard slice!
- High in calcium
- High in protein
- Good fats
- Rich in mineral copper good for hair and skin
- Good for weight loss
- Prevents gallstones
- High in magnesium