1 Tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3 cups water
3/4 cup red lentils, rinsed
6 carrots, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 bunch cilantro, washed and chopped
juice of 1/2 lime
sea salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large soup pot, heat coconut oil and sauté onion for 2-3 minutes or until translucent.
2. Add water and lentils, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cook with lid on.
3. After 15 minutes, add carrots and all spices. Cook soup until lentils are completely broken down.
4. Turn off heat, stir in cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Let sit for a couple minutes.
- good for weight-loss
- good source of protein
- high in fiber
- good source iron, vitamin B-6
- vegan, gluten-free
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved