Serves: 1 large entree salad
2 cups mixed greens
1 handful of your favorite herb (mint, cilantro, basil or dill)
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup chopped beet
1/3 cup red cabbage, finely cut
1/3 cup cucumber
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup walnuts
1 Medjool date OR 2 dried figs, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Juice of 1/2 orange
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 Tablespoon tahini
1. Wash greens and herbs in a salad spinner or colander and dry. Place on a large plate or bowl.
2. Chop all vegetables and place on top of the greens.
3. Add walnuts and chopped date pieces to the top of salad.
4. Wisk together lemon juice, orange juice, coriander and tahini until smooth.
5. Pour on top of salad, mix and serve immediately.
- supports weight loss
- full of antioxidants to fight disease and remain youthful
- high fiber
- dates and figs help beat refined sugar cravings
- walnuts good for the brain
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved