1 small sweet potato
2 cups mixed greens
1 small fennel bulb, chopped
1 beet, peeled and chopped
1 Granny Smith apple (or other sweet-tart variety), sliced
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 Tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons grade B maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1. Peel sweet potato, cut into rounds and steam until tender. Set aside to cool.
2. Rinse greens and place on 2 plates.
3. Divide fennel, beet, apple and sweet potato between plates. Top with pumpkin seeds.
4. For the dressing, wisk all ingredients in a bowl, pour over salads and serve.
- good for weight-loss
- satisfies sweet cravings, refined sugar free
- great source fiber
- full of antioxidants, great for the skin
- rich in beta-carotene
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved