Total time: 15 minutes and refrigeration overnight
Serves: 1 jar, 8 heaping tablespoons
2 cups of strawberries , diced
1 cup water
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
1. Place all ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir constantly so the chia seeds do not burn on the bottom of the pot.
3. When the mixture has reduced by half and has thickened, allow to cool and then place in a glass jar and cool completely before placing in the fridge. It is ready to eat, but you can also refrigerate overnight and the jam will be ready to use the next day.
1. Use mulberries for Mulberry Seed Jam.
2. Use blueberries for Blueberry Chia Seed Jam.
3. Use blackberries for Blackberry Chia Seed Jam.
4. Use raspberries for Raspberry Chia Seed Jam.
5. Use ¼ cup each strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries for Mixed Berry Chia Seed Jam.
+ Replacement for jam that has white sugar
+ refined sugar free!
+ Aids digestion
+ Aids weight loss
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Roxxe NYC Photography
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved