2 large organic chicken breast fillets (approx. 500gm)
2 eggs (beaten)
1 1/2 cups raw almonds
2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoon turmeric
2 teaspoon mixed herbs
3 teaspoon dried chilli flakes (or to taste)
1 tablespoon sea salt (or pref. Himalayan rock salt)
Extra virgin olive oil. (shallow fry)
For tomato fry:
3 tomatoes diced
1 zucchini diced
2 garlic cloves diced
1/2 of broccoli diced
extra virgin olive oil for frying
1 tablespoon of oregano
For potato mash:
4 large potatoes
Himalayan salt and black pepper for seasoning
macadamia nut oil, olive oil or almond milk
1. Begin with making the mash potato. Peel the potatoes and boil in water until they are soft and ready for mashing. When they are ready mash them with enough oil or almond milk to make them soft as you desire! Season to taste! While the potatoes are boiling start the tomato fry…
2. In a fry pan heat the oil and fry off all the ingredients for the tomato fry! Fry on very low heat and allow to simmer for 30-40 minutes until it breaks down to a soft consistency. While it is frying begin the chicken process…
3. Place almonds, cayenne pepper, turmeric, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and salt into a food processor and blend until all ingredients are combined. Do not reduce the almonds to a powder. Blend only for a few seconds at a time until you achieve a “bread crumb” consistency
4. Lay the chicken fillets smooth side down on a cutting board and fillet lengthways. The aim is to be left with 1 full length fillet and 1 smaller fillet of equal thicknesses. This will allow for even cooking times
5. Dip chicken in the beaten eggs, allow excess to drip away and place on a bed of the almond mix. Sprinkle more almond mix over the top and press down firmly ensurely ensuring that almond mix coats the whole surface of the chicken. Lift out of almond mix, shake gently to remove excess crumbs and place on a tray, ready for cooking
6. Shallow fry on a medium heat in extra virgin olive or coconut oil until golden brown. Ensure chicken is cooked right through
7. Serve with mashed potatoes and the tomato fry!
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons of minced coriander (cilantro)
1 small tomato, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons organic peanut butter (or more!)
1 to 1/2 cups of coconut milk (best fresh from the coconut)
1-2 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
1 tablespoon of honey
1 red hot chili (optional)
½ cup of almond or macadamia butter (or just more peanut butter)
basil to garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and sauté the chopped onion, chili, tomato, garlic, oregano until soft and fragrant, about 5-8 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let cook slightly. Add the coconut milk and almond/macadamia butter. Simmer.
3. Chop the chicken into cubes. Using another fry pan season the chicken with with the cilantro until golden and almost cooked. Set the chicken aside.
4. Stir the peanut butter and honey into the vegetable mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, for a few minutes or until mixture is thickened. Put in a bowl.
5. When the chicken is cooked, served on a plate with the peanut butter dipping sauce!
+ ADD Serve warm over rice with basil or on skewers!
1 pound of organic free range chicken (500g)
Almonds (use hemp seeds as nut alternative)
1. In a blender process the almonds, turmeric, cayenne and salt. Put this mixture on a plate
2. Chop the chicken into cubes or ‘nuggets’
3. Crack the egg into a bowl and whisk with fork. Dip the chicken into the egg, coat it well and then into the spices! Get as much of the spice mixture onto the chicken!
4. Heat a pain with ½ an inch of olive oil/coconut oil/avocado oil and when really hot drop the chicken nuggets in until cooked!
5. Serve with TED chips and salad!
· High in protein, vitamin E, magnesium, potassium, folic acid, zinc, selenium, copper, biotin, riboflavin, niacin, iron and many good fats
Detoxifies the liver
· Natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent
· Prevents muscle cramping
· GLUTEN FREE
Makes 10 skewers
1 pound chicken breast (500g)
3 garlic cloves
5 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch of fresh rosemary (can use dried also)
1. Chop The chicken into cubes. Dice the garlic. Pull the rosemary off the sticks and dice into small pieces
2. In a bowl stir the honey, garlic, olive oil and rosemary together! Add the chicken and let it soak for 4 hours (you can also just cook it right away, but soaking will have the chicken soak the flavors more!)
3. Put the chicken on skewers (I use the rosemary sticks themselves!)
4. Cook them in olive oil, coconut oil or grill them until ready! Mmm enjoy!
5. Serve with TED wedges and salad!
· High in protein
· Good for the brain
· High in beta-carotene/Vitamin A, thiamin/Vitamin B1, riboflavin/Vitamin B2
High in iron and calcium