1 cup orange juice (4 freshly squeezed oranges)
3 teaspoons of fresh ginger chopped
1 garlic clove chopped
1/8 teaspoon chopped chili
1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
5 cups cut-up vegetables, such as broccoli, sliced onion, carrot, sugar snap peas and red bell pepper strips (capsicum)
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
2 tablespoons of water
1. Mix orange juice, water, ginger, garlic and ground red pepper in small bowl. Reserve 1/2 of the marinade. Place beef in large glass dish. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 17 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
2. Heat oil in large skillet on high heat. Remove beef from marinade. Add beef to skillet; stir fry 3 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Remove beef from skillet. Add vegetables; stir fry 3 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
3. Mix reserved marinade with honey until smooth. Stir into skillet. Stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium heat and boil 1 minute. Return beef to skillet. Cook until heated through.
4. Serve over hot cooked brown rice, if desired. Sprinkle with sesame seed before serving.
To Toast Sesame Seed: Heat small skillet on medium heat. Add sesame seed; cook and stir 2 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Immediately pour out of hot pan to avoid over-toasting.
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon oregano
2 tablespoons of minced coriander (cilantro)
1 small tomato, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons organic peanut butter (or more!)
1 to 1/2 cups of coconut milk (best fresh from the coconut)
1-2 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
1 tablespoon of honey
1 red hot chili (optional)
½ cup of almond or macadamia butter (or just more peanut butter)
basil to garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and sauté the chopped onion, chili, tomato, garlic, oregano until soft and fragrant, about 5-8 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let cook slightly. Add the coconut milk and almond/macadamia butter. Simmer.
3. Chop the chicken into cubes. Using another fry pan season the chicken with with the cilantro until golden and almost cooked. Set the chicken aside.
4. Stir the peanut butter and honey into the vegetable mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, for a few minutes or until mixture is thickened. Put in a bowl.
5. When the chicken is cooked, served on a plate with the peanut butter dipping sauce!
+ ADD Serve warm over rice with basil or on skewers!
extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves of garlic (or more if you like!)
a bunch of baby spinach
as many shrimp/prawns as you like (at least 1 pound)
1. Put some baby spinach on a plate. Chop 1 clove of raw garlic into small pieces and add that to the spinach. Squeeze fresh lime juice over it.
2. Heat some olive oil on low/med heat in a fry pan. Add the other clove of chopped garlic. After a couple of minutes add the prawns and stir toss cook until done!
3. Serve the prawns over the spinach and mmm mmm mmm! Simple, healthy, light and delicious!
+ ADD a drizzle of honey to make it sweet!
4 Salmon fillets
6 tablespoons of Raw Organic Honey
4 tablespoons of Sesame seeds
1 cup baby tomatoes
1 head of asparagus
1 chopped cucumber
Extra Virgin Olive Oil for cooking
1. Heat oil in a pan on low/med heat and add the salmon.
2. Mix honey (add more if you like super sweet) with a tablespoon of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon in a bowl. Add this mixture to the salmon and cook to your liking.
3. Steam asparagus. Serve baby spinach, tomatoes, chopped cucumber on a plate and add asparagus.
4. Serve the salmon on top of the salad and add raw sesame seeds (or toast them for a couple of minutes in the fry pan)
Makes 10 skewers
1 pound chicken breast (500g)
3 garlic cloves
5 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch of fresh rosemary (can use dried also)
1. Chop The chicken into cubes. Dice the garlic. Pull the rosemary off the sticks and dice into small pieces
2. In a bowl stir the honey, garlic, olive oil and rosemary together! Add the chicken and let it soak for 4 hours (you can also just cook it right away, but soaking will have the chicken soak the flavors more!)
3. Put the chicken on skewers (I use the rosemary sticks themselves!)
4. Cook them in olive oil, coconut oil or grill them until ready! Mmm enjoy!
5. Serve with TED wedges and salad!
· High in protein
· Good for the brain
· High in beta-carotene/Vitamin A, thiamin/Vitamin B1, riboflavin/Vitamin B2
High in iron and calcium
4 cloves of garlic
¼ cup red onion
1/2 cup organic soy sauce or amino acids
½ cup honey
3 anchovy fillets
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon of ginger diced
2 fillets of salmon
2 cups of oats
1. Dice the onion, anchovy finely and ginger finely. Add them to a bowl with the rest of the marinade ingredients. Let it marinate for at least 1 hour.
2. Drain the sauce through a siv so you are left with a sauce and no chunks.
3. Add salmon to the sauce and let it soak for 2 hours.
4. Cook the salmon in olive oil and then pour the marinade sauce in. allow the salmon to simmer in the sauce!
6. Serve with cooked rolled oats, and sliced apple and avocado.
*You will find anchovies in supermarkets in a jar. Go for the organic type in olive oil.
+ ADD Rice instead of oats
1 pound (1/2 kilo) shrimp/prawns
3 tablespoons of honey
coconut oil for cooking
1. Peel the prawns and cook on high heat for a few minutes until cooked! Or grill them! As they are cooking drizzle the honey over the prawns!
2. Serve with salad!
+ADD Cayenne pepper to make them Cajun style sweet and spicy!
· High in protein
· High in anti-oxidants from the honey