4 seeded, diced tomatoes
1 onion chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
1/2 bunch of cilantro (use more if you love cilantro/coriander!)
Juice of 1 lime (lemon works as well!)
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
1 cup quinoa (rice or similar grain works as well)
2 cups water
1 bunch of collard greens
Dash of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1. Place 2 cups of water and a dash of Himalayan in sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. Place 1 cup of quinoa into boiling water, lower heat, cover and allow it to cook.
3. Once quinoa is cooked, place in a large serving bowl and allow it to cool in refrigerator for approx. 1 hour.
4. While quinoa is cooling chop, mince, and dice all vegetables accordingly.
5. When quinoa is 100% cooled down (very important to wait!) mix vegetables with rice in serving bowl.
6. Add lime juice, cumin, cayenne pepper and Himalayan salt to taste.
7. Mix all ingredients well and let sit for a little while (overnight if possible) The longer you wait, the better the flavor!
8. Serve in collard greens as a wrap! Also great on its own
*Skip the quinoa part to make it 100% RAW
+ADD nutritional yeast for a “cheesy” flavor!
Recipe created by Mr. F January 2013
This recipe is DAIRY FREE, SUGAR FREE, SOY FREE, GLUTEN FREE. Provides the body with proper nutrition.
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved