1 large Portobello mushroom
½ red onion chopped finely
2 cloves garlic chopped finely
Coconut oil for cooking
1. Clean mushroom and remove stem so only the large cap remains
2. Poke small slits into both sides of the mushroom with fork or knife, so that the flavor and oil may seep in
3. Rub oil, Himalayan salt, and black pepper only both sides of the mushroom thoroughly
4. Heat with coconut oil until freely moving on pan (medium heat)
5. Add chopped onion and garlic for 30 seconds then add mushroom
6. Cook thoroughly on each side until soft to the core
7. Remove mushroom from pan and enjoy!
*Separate the crunchy remains of onion and garlic from oil in pan and sprinkle on your mushroom for extra flavor punches in every bite!
*Pairs well with COCONUT BASIL SWEET POTATO FRIES! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=525752214124229&set=a.147280615304726.21413.127773420588779&&theater
+ADD Cayenne pepper for a spicy steak
+ADD Curry powder for a curried steak
Recipe created with love by Salvatore Fiteni January 2013 NYC
This site is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved
Raw Zuchetti Alfredo (with Marinated Mushrooms)
Start by marinating the mushrooms:
3 cups sliced mini portobello mushrooms
¼ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (soy sauce alternative)
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 minced garlic cloves (as finely as possible)
Mix liquid ingredients and garlic as well as possible then add mushrooms, cover, and let sit in the
refrigerator for at least one hour. Let the mushrooms marinate overnight for the best flavor results.
2 cups raw unsoaked cashews
½ cup pine nuts (use more cashews if pine nuts not available)
Juice of 1 Lemon
¼ cup olive oil
1 ½ cups water (less water for a thicker sauce)
6 garlic gloves
¼ cup parsley
¼ cup basil
½ cup nutritional yeast (more of you want it cheesier)
1 tablespoon white pepper (black pepper works as well)
1 tablespoon Himalayan salt
1 dash of cayenne pepper
Process cashews and pine nuts first then add all other ingredients and process until it is a creamy sauce consistency.
Put 2 LARGE ZUCCHINIS through a pasta maker and place in the bowl you would like to serve from!
*Use a vegetable peeler if you don’t have a pasta maker
1. Place the “Zucchetti” into a serving bowl.
2. Put marinated mushrooms on top of zucchetti.
3. Pour sauce on top of both and mix!
4. Garnish with fresh parsley and ENJOY!
*If you don’t like mushrooms, you can skip that part of the recipe and it is still delicious. If you are just not into raw mushrooms, you could always steam them before marinating!
This recipe designed by Salvatore Fiteni who has been on The Earth Diet since August 2012.