4 seeded, diced tomatoes
1 onion chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
1/2 bunch of cilantro (use more if you love cilantro/coriander!)
Juice of 1 lime (lemon works as well!)
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
1 cup quinoa (rice or similar grain works as well)
2 cups water
1 bunch of collard greens
Dash of cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
1. Place 2 cups of water and a dash of Himalayan in sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. Place 1 cup of quinoa into boiling water, lower heat, cover and allow it to cook.
3. Once quinoa is cooked, place in a large serving bowl and allow it to cool in refrigerator for approx. 1 hour.
4. While quinoa is cooling chop, mince, and dice all vegetables accordingly.
5. When quinoa is 100% cooled down (very important to wait!) mix vegetables with rice in serving bowl.
6. Add lime juice, cumin, cayenne pepper and Himalayan salt to taste.
7. Mix all ingredients well and let sit for a little while (overnight if possible) The longer you wait, the better the flavor!
8. Serve in collard greens as a wrap! Also great on its own
*Skip the quinoa part to make it 100% RAW
+ADD nutritional yeast for a “cheesy” flavor!
Recipe created by Mr. F January 2013
This recipe is DAIRY FREE, SUGAR FREE, SOY FREE, GLUTEN FREE. Provides the body with proper nutrition.
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved
2 cups quinoa
4 cups water
1 bunch of organic Spinach
1 Bag organic frozen green Peas (or fresh if you have access to them!)
1 large organic Red Onion chopped
6 organic Garlic Cloves chopped
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tbl Garlic Powder
1 tbl Curry Powder
1 tbl Turmeric Powder
1 handful of fresh coriander/cilantro
1. Add Coconut Oil to sauce pan at medium heat.
2. When oil is heated and moving freely on pan, add chopped red onion and garlic.
3. When onion and garlic is slightly browned add peas and spinach and allow it to cook for a few minutes.
4. Once the peas and spinach are mostly cooked, add 4 cups of water, turn burner up high and cover with a lid.
5. Once water is boiling, add 2 cups of Quinoa, stir it in, set heat to low and cover again.
Now while the Quinoa is cooking make the CASHEW/HEMP SEED CHEESE
2 cups of cashews soaked for 6 hours
1 cup of hemp seeds
Juice of 1 lemon
½ teaspoon of Himalayan salt
2 clove of garlic
3/4 cup of water (more for softer cheese)
3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast for extra cheesy flavor
In a food processor blend all ingredients together until a smooth consistency!
Now add curry, garlic powder, Himalayan salt, turmeric, and cayenne pepper to quinoa and stir in. When all water is dissolved turn off heat and allow to sit for a few minutes. Now add cashew cheese, stir all together and enjoy! GARNISH with fresh CILANTRO!
*Use romaine leaves for taco shells or collard greens for a wrap!
*Add more cayenne pepper if you like it spicy!
This recipe was designed by SALVATORE FITENI, New York USA 2013.