1 large Portobello mushroom
½ red onion chopped finely
2 cloves garlic chopped finely
Coconut oil for cooking
1. Clean mushroom and remove stem so only the large cap remains
2. Poke small slits into both sides of the mushroom with fork or knife, so that the flavor and oil may seep in
3. Rub oil, Himalayan salt, and black pepper only both sides of the mushroom thoroughly
4. Heat with coconut oil until freely moving on pan (medium heat)
5. Add chopped onion and garlic for 30 seconds then add mushroom
6. Cook thoroughly on each side until soft to the core
7. Remove mushroom from pan and enjoy!
*Separate the crunchy remains of onion and garlic from oil in pan and sprinkle on your mushroom for extra flavor punches in every bite!
*Pairs well with COCONUT BASIL SWEET POTATO FRIES!
+ADD Cayenne pepper for a spicy steak
+ADD Curry powder for a curried steak
Recipe created with love by Salvatore Fiteni January 2013 NYC