4 large potatoes
6 tablespoons of cup coconut oil
3 tablespoons diced chives
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 1/2 teaspoon sage
4 1/2 tablespoon peas
dash cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut the potatoes into thick slices.
3. First layer: In a deep oven dish, place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, and a layer of potatoes so that they cover the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon diced chives, 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast, 1/2 teaspoon thyme and 1/2 teaspoon sage and 1 1/2 tablespoons of peas.
4. Second layer: Add another layer of potatoes and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. The sprinkle again with the same amount of ingredients as the first layer. You can add a sprinkle of cayenne pepper to this layer if you want it slightly spicy.
5. Third layer: Add another layer of potatoes and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Then sprinkle with the same amount of ingredients as the previous layers. This is also the top layer so add another 1/2 tablespoon of nutritional yeast on top for the final sprinkle.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until potatoes are soft and to your liking.
Tip: You could also add garlic, onion, paprika etc to this dish! The idea is to alter the ingredients to what flavors you like, and add other vegetables you love!
+ A great recipe to relieve stress, can be useful for people with depression/bipolar
+ Can be immune boosting
+ Potatoes: High in Vitamin C, B6 and Potassium
+ Coconut oil: aids healthy hair and skin
+ Sage: High in Vitamin K, anti-inflammatory
+ Thyme: High in Vitamin K and Iron
+ Peas: High in Vitamin C and K
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Rock'n Raw Photos.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved