1/2 cup blanched almond flakes
4 cups almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
1 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup rice flour
Pinch of salt
- In a pan dry roast 1/2 of the almond flakes until golden. Set aside on a plate.
- Crush with a tablespoon of coconut sugar until fine (can use a mortar and pestle or a food processor)
- In a bowl mix 1/4 cup of non-dairy milk with remaining coconut sugar and flour and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the remaining milk into a pan with a pinch of salt and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Add the crushed almonds and cook for 2 minutes stirring with a wooden spoon. Then carefully stir in the almond milk(or other), coconut sugar, and rice flour mix, whisking it and bring it again to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook mixture over low heat while stirring occasionally for another 5 minutes (or longer if you have the time)
- Allow pudding to cool and serve in bowls garnished with roasted almond flakes.
- Healthy dessert option
- High in protein
- Weight loss assistance
- Filling and satisfying
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved