Total time: 15 minutes
1 head of kale, torn to smaller pieces
1 cup of arugula or rocket
1/2 cup fresh basil
1 cucumber, cut into pieces
2 tablespoons lavender
1 cup watermelon, cut into tiny cubes
1/2 cup rose petals
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. This salad is also great with avocado!
2. We ate this salad with turkey burgers.
1. Get a large bowl and add the kale, arugula and basil. Toss.
2. Add the cucumber, lavender and watermelon.
3. Sprinkle the rose petals over the salad!
4. Drizzle the olive oil over the salad and then sprinkle with salt. Toss so oil is dressing the salad. Use more to taste.
+ Kale: High in Protein, Extremely nutrient rich
+ Rose petals: Strengthen the heart, helps with heart disease, soothe anger and alleviate depression
+ Lavender: Antidepressant, relieve anxiety, help with fatigue and stress
+ Watermelon: Great for clear skin, high in Vitamin A and C, Immune Boosting, low in calories
+ Basil: High in Vitamin K, Iron and Anti-inflammatory
+ Detoxes heavy metals and toxins
+ Accelerates weight loss
+ Digestive health, good for IBS
+ Brain food
+ Immune Boosting
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray and enjoyed with Jean and Noah at Jean's Wellness Home.
Photo thanks Rock'n Raw Photos - Raw and Unedited
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved