Total time: 45 minutes
3 cups coconut flakes
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1⁄4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion salt
1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
1 1/4 cup organic wholewheat flour
2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups water
1 tablespoon olive oil
Coconut oil for cooking
Maple syrup or honey for drizzling over the pancakes when done!
And your choice of toppings, diced onion, cilantro, salt and pepper
Coconut oil for cooking
1. Coconut Bacon: Preheat oven to 250°F. 2. In a bowl, mix all ingredients, except coconut flakes, with a spoon until well combined. Add the coconut flakes and stir around until the sauce has covered all of them. Soak coconut flakes for 10 minutes. Make the pancake batter in the mean time. After soaking place coconut flakes on baking sheet or other oven-proof dish so flakes are spread out evenly and not overlapping each other. Bake for 10-20 minutes, or until the coconut flakes are crispy and golden brown. They will also get more crispy after you take them out of the oven and let them sit for 5 minutes.
2. Pancakes: Sift flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl and form a well. Whisk olive oil and water together and pour on flour. Mix well with spoon until smooth. Add the maple syrup and mix well. Add oil to a pan and set on medium heat, and pour batter into fry pan. Flip when you see bubbles. When they are golden brown set aside and keep warm in oven while you make the eggs.
3. Scrambled Eggs: Whisk the eggs together in a bowl. Heat a fry pan with coconut oil and add the eggs. Add the toppings on top, the onion, cilantro, salt and pepper. Stir the eggs with a wooden spoon after a few minutes, and stir as they cook and separate. Cook to your desired doneness.
4. Put all 3 dishes together!
1. Serve with fresh cilantro for a raw element.
2. Serve with organic wraps to make an Egg and Bacon Wrap
+ High in protein
+ Great family meal
+ No refined sugar, no dairy, no soy
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray. Photo taken on Liana's Instagram.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved