Total time: 45 minutes
2 cups Brown Rice Pasta or quinoa pasta (linguine works great with this recipe)
1 cup fresh Basil
1 cup walnuts
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1 teaspoon of Himalayan Salt
The juice of 1/2 a lemon
Cashew Sour Cream:
1 cup of hemp seeds (you can use almonds or cashews)
1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
the juice of one small lemon
1/2 teaspoon of dill
ADD 1 teaspoon of water if it needs more liquid for a smooth 'sour cream' consistency
1 pound prawns/shrimp, peeled
1/2 cup Arugula/rocket (or spinach)
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
1. Cook the pasta as per directions on the packet. Cook until done. Drain, set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking make the pesto sauce. Mix all ingredients together in a blender like the VITAMIXuntil well combined. You can make the pesto sauce without a blender, just use a mortar and pestle and grind the walnuts, then mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Make the cashew sour cream by adding all ingredients to a blender like the VITAMIX and mix until smooth and fluffy. Set aside.
4. Heat a medium fry pan with coconut oil and stir fry the prawns for 3 minutes or until done.
5. Add the pesto sauce and pasta to the prawns in the fry pan and stir fry for 30 seconds until well combined.
6. Serve in bowls, and add arugula/rocket. Toss.
7. Top with Cashew Sour Cream!
+ Gluten Free!
+ Dairy Free
+ High in protein
+ High in anti-oxidants
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray and taken on her iphone.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved