1 lb quinoa pasta (or chosen gluten-free alternative)
1 red onion chopped
4 garlic cloves chopped
3 cups broccoli
1 cup garbanzo beans
½ bunch spinach chopped
½ bunch fresh cilantro chopped
1/2 red pepper chopped
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like it extra spicy!)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon cumin
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (next alternative extra virigin Olive oil) for cooking
Water for cooking
1. Add olive oil to a frying pan at medium heat.
2. Once oil is moving easily on pan add garlic and onion.
3. In a large sauce pan bring water to a boil then add pasta and let cook.
4. When garlic is slightly brown and onions semi caramelized add all veggies and beans excluding cilantro.
5. Strain pasta when it is cooked, but still slightly hard.
6. Combine cooked veggies and pasta in sauce pan and add cumin, cayenne, and Himalayan salt to taste.
7. Add fresh cilantro and mix thoroughly.
8. Garnish with cilantro and serve!
+ADD curry powder for spicy curry pasta
+ADD nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor
+ADD squeezed lemon juice for zesty flavor
This recipe was created with LOVE by Mr. F JANUARY 2013 LI, NY
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved