3 large eggplants
(vegans can use olive oil or coconut oil mixed with honey to make the nugget coating stick to the eggplant)
3 cups of Almonds (or use hemp seeds as an alternative)
1/2 tablespoons of Turmeric
3 tablespoons of Himalayan Salt
1 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper (more if you want it spicy)
Extra virgin Coconut Oil for cooking
1. Chop the egg plant into cubes for the nuggets.
2. In a bowl whisk the eggs. Drop the eggplant cubes into the egg and let it soak.
3. Mix the turmeric, almonds, cayenne pepper and himalayan salt in a blender until you have a smooth crumbly consistency.
4. Place one eggplant cube at a time into the spice coating mix and cover well. Do this with all of them.
5. In a fry pan heat the oil. When it is hot and sizzling add the eggplant nuggets to the pan and let it cook until the outside is a crunchy golden brown.
6. Serve with TED chips, wedges, sweet potato fries or tomato sauce! Whatever else you would like to eat it with!
+ FOR MEAT EATERS: Use Chicken for Chicken Nuggets
This recipe is GLUTEN FREE, REFINED SUGAR FREE, DAIRY FREE, SOY FREE.
This recipe created by Liana Werner-Gray.
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved