Serves: 4 people
16 cups of water
4 cups of juice pulp/fiber (after making 3 x Green Juice)
2 1/2 tablespoons cumin powder
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sage
1 tablespoon thyme
1 cup of fresh cilantro
Dash of cayenne pepper
One yellow onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tablespoon Extra virgin coconut oil
1 cucumber, chopped into cubes
1 avocado, chopped into cubes (To serve optional)
1. In a large pot add the water, juice pulp, cumin, turmeric, sage, thyme, cilantro and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a medium simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
2. While the soup is cooking, heat a small fry pan with oil and cook the onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Set aside.
3. Serve the soup into bowls. Then distribute the onion and garlic in each soup.
4. Garnish each bowl with fresh cucumber, avocado and fresh cilantro.
1. If you want a smooth soup, blend all the ingredients in a VITAMIX or high speed blender and then add to pot and cook for 20 minutes.
2. You can use the pulp from any juice and make it into a soup!
3. If you are ill and avocado is too heavy for you serve it without.
+ Super Immune Boosting
+ Super high in Vitamins including Vitamin C
+ High in Minerals and Nutrients
+ High in anti-oxidants
+ Low in calories
+ Accelerates weight loss
+ High in protein
+ Gluten Free
+ Cleanses heavy metals and toxins from cells
*** Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Rock’n Raw Photos - Raw and Unedited