500g (1.1 pounds) of chicken breast (replace this with 2 large eggplants for vegan alternative)
1 head of lettuce or kale
1 bunch of fresh mint
1 large cucumber
3 small hot chilies diced
1 teaspoon of himalayan salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon of chopped ginger (or ginger powder)
1 teaspoon of turmeric
extra virgin coconut oil for cooking
1. Dice the chicken into small pieces. Heat a fry pan with coconut oil and fry the chicken for a couple minutes before adding the turmeric, salt, chilies pepper, ginger and cayenne pepper. Fry together until chicken is golden brown and cooked.
2. Slice the cucumber.
3. Break the mint into small pieces.
4. Break the lettuce leafs off one by one. These will be the wraps.
5. Add chicken to the lettuce leafs. Sprinkle with fresh mint and cucumber!
6. Serve and eat! also great with cubes of avocado!
+ Improves digestion (mint)
+ High in protein (chicken)
+ High in antioxidants (lettuce)
+ Natural antiseptic (turmeric)
+ Improves digestion
+ Good for the skin (turmeric)
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, soy free.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray in New York, March 2013
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved