⅔ cup steel cut oats
¼ tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cardamom
2 cups water
¾ cup sliced frozen or fresh strawberries
1 tsp ground cardamom
⅛ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp water
1 tsp raw honey, maple syrup, or agave
2 tbsp crushed toasted walnuts or your favorite nut
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to low, cover and simmer until the oats have absorbed all of the liquid, about 30 minutes. Stir every 5-7 minutes to prevent oats from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
2. Meanwhile, combine strawberries and remaining ingredients except nuts in another small saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn heat down to medium-low so that it’s still bubbling. Cook about 5-8 minutes until you have a syrup-y, thick, jam-like consistency.
3. Pour ¼ of the oats into a 16-ounce mason jar, then pour ¼ of the strawberry sauce on top. Repeat once more so you have 2 layers of oats and strawberries. Repeat in a second jar. If you do not wish to take this dish “to-go”, just layer in a bowl.
4. Finish with walnuts and a smile!
+ Aids weight loss
+ High Fiber
+ Reduces sweet-tooth cravings
+ Low-fat and sugar
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Chef Hannah Gruber.
Photo thanks to Hannah Gruber.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved