1/2 cup coconut oil or cacao butter
1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup raw almond butter
1 tbsp raw honey or agave
1. Put the coconut oil in a bowl, and place that bowl inside another bowl filled with warm water. This will allow the coconut oil to heat up just enough to melt, without killing the enzymes.
2. Add the cacao powder and honey, and mix well.
3. Place four muffin tin liners in a baking pan, and put about 1 tbsp of chocolate in the bottom of each. Place in the freezer to set for about 10 minutes, or until hard.
4. Put 1 tbsp of nut butter in the bottom of each cup. Be careful not to let the nut butter touch the sides of the cup, or the finished product will look messy.
5. Divide the rest of the chocolate equally between the tops of the cups, covering the nut butter completely. Place back in the freezer for another 10 minutes, or until hard.
+ Aids weight loss
+ Raw living nutrients
+ Satisfies a sweet tooth!
+ High in protein
+ High in antioxidants.
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Chef Hannah Gruber, "If you've been following my posts so far, there's been a lot of green stuff! In March, I start to get kinda stir crazy so I try to eat more fresh, green foods to help spring come a little faster. But I still have a sweet tooth! Make these chocolate almond butter cups for a guilt-free treat for you and yours!"
Photo thanks to Matthew Pickett.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved