2 large celery root
large pot of boiling water
4 green apples
1 cup red or green grapes, halved
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and sliced
3 ribs of celery + leaves, minced
2 cups baby arugula, or watercress
For the dressing:
4 tbsp. walnut oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1. Peel the thick skin off of celery root. Slice into 1/4 inch disks, then slice into matchstick pieces.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Drop the celery root pieces into the boiling water for 1 minute, then immediately drain and submerge celery root into ice water to stop the cooking.
2. Core the apple and slice into thin wedges.
3. In a large bowl, combine apples and celery root with the remaining ingredients.
4. Using a whisk, mix dressing ingredients together.
5. Dress the salad and divide amongst 4 plates.
+ Good source of chlorophyll
+ Immune booster
+ Lowers cholesterol
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Chef Hannah Gruber.
Photo thanks to Roxxe NYC Photography.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved