1 pound peeled jumbo shrimp (500g prawns)
1/3 cup extra virgin coconut oil for cooking + 1/4 cup extra
2 brown onions, diced
3 tablespoons of garlic paste (or diced garlic cloves)
1 tablespoon of ginger, diced
200g organic tomato paste (or 3 large tomatoes chopped)
2 tablespoons of garam masala (or 1/2 tablespoon each of black peppercorns, cardamon, cinnamon,
bay leaves and cloves)
1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
1 teaspoon of chili powder (or cayenne pepper)
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
2 tablespoons of coriander seeds
1/2 cup fresh cilantro/coriander
1 teaspoon of cumin
3/4 cup water
1. Heat a large fry pan om medium-hot with coconut oil. When hot add the onions and garlic paste. Fry for 2 minutes then add the ginger. Fry for another minute or until it is golden brown.
2. Add the rest of the spices, garam masala, salt, chilli, turmeric, coriander seeds, fresh cilantro and cumin. Stir fry for a minute.
3. Add the tomato paste and mix well. Then add the water. Reduce the heat to medium and let the pan simmer.
4. In another fry pan, heat with 1/4 cup coconut oil and add the shrimp when hot. Fry the shrimp for a few a couple minutes on each side until it turns white. They should not cook fully as they will go in the tomato pan.
5. Add water to the tomato pan. Squeeze the lemon into the pan and stir well. Add the almost cooked shrimp.
6. Cook together for a few minutes until shrimp is fully cooked!
Serve with Lemon Rice and Peanut Sauce!
+ High in Protein
+ Gluten Free
*** Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray 2013.
Photo thanks to Rock’n Raw Photos - Raw and Unedited
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved