Serves: 16 slices!
4 cups organic wholewheat flour
1 3/4 cups of olive oil or coconut oil
3 tablespoons coconut sugar, or maple syrup
2 teaspoons of salt
1 egg (or for vegan option mix 1 teaspoon flax seed meal with 3 teaspoons of water and leave for 5 minutes, it will become gummy like eggs)
1/2 cup water
8 apples, cored and sliced
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Make the pie crust, in a large bowl add the flour, oil, coconut sugar and salt. Blend together until crumbly. A pastry cutter can help this process, but you can do it without too. Then in a small bowl mix the egg and water, and blend into the flour mixture. Now your crust is ready to use. Place crust in a 9-inch double crust pie tin. Leave some pastry for the top of the pie.
3. Place the apples in the pie crust, and sprinkle with cinnamon and maple syrup. Place a layer of crust on top. Take a knife and cut a beautiful criss cross pattern in the pie, then cut out a heart shape and add it to the top.
4. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft. Serve!
+ Refined sugar free
+ Dairy free
+ Soy free & corn free
+ High in antioxidants
+ Can make vegan version!
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Roxxe NYC.
Photo taken on Roxxe's iPhone.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved