Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: One or many
100g (3/4 cup) unmelted cacao butter
3 tablespoons cacao powder
2 cups strawberries
1. On very low heat (or use double boiler) melt the cacao butter (About 5-9 minutes).
2. When the cacao butter is melted, add the cacao powder and stir well until combined. Now you will need to let the chocolate sit for 30-60 minutes depending on your environment. The chocolate needs to be just right, if it is too hot it will be too thin on the chocolate, and if it is too chilled it will be too thick on the strawberries.
3. Dip each strawberry into the chocolate mixture (you can dip them right into the saucepan), and place them on baking paper (so they don't stick) on a plate
4. Put in fridge for 10 minutes until chocolate is hard! (Or eat them with the melted chocolate - yum!)
The chocolate will be bitter, but when you bite into the Chocolate Covered Strawberry, the strawberries will provide the sweetness, the chocolate will be bitter dark chocolate! So if you want a sweeter chocolate add a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup to the chocolate mixture.
+ 3 ingredients
+ Ridiculously simple and quick
+ Superhigh in anti-oxidants
+ Boosts immune system
+ Good for depression and anxiety
+ High in vitamins including vitamin C
+ Aids weight loss
+ Refined sugar free
+ Dairy free
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Roxxe NYC Photography.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved