1 Medjool date (soaked in hot water for 5 minutes)
1 cup Butternut Squash Purée
1/2 large or 1 small avocado
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch sea salt
1. Soak date in very hot water for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, add all other ingredients to a food processor.
3. Slice date into pieces and add to food processor, blend for a few minutes until completely smooth.
4. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator before serving.
- rich in beta-carotene
- high fiber
- high in potassium, vitamin B, vitamin k, folate
- healthy source of fat
- refined sugar free
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved