Avocado Mango Strawberry Sushi
2/3 cup uncooked short-grain white rice or brown rice
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons coconut sugar, or maple syrup or honey
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
4 sheets nori seaweed sheets
1 avocado, cut into small squares
1 small mango, cut into small squares
1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/3 cups water to a boil. Add rice, and stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. In a small bowl, mix the apple cider vinegar, coconut sugar and salt. Blend the mixture into the rice.
2. Center one sheet nori on a bamboo sushi mat. Wet your hands. Using your hands, spread a thin layer of rice on the sheet of nori, and press into a thin layer. Arrange a thin layer of avocado, mango and strawberries in a line down the center of the rice. Lift the end of the mat, and gently roll it over the ingredients, pressing gently. Roll it forward to make a complete roll. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
3. Cut each roll into 4 to 6 slices using a wet, sharp knife. Ready to eat!
1. Use quinoa instead of rice.
2. Add fruit pyramids on top of your sushi roll as seen in the photo above with strawberries and then mango.
+ High protein
+ High in antioxidants
+ Mood boosting
+ Brain food
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray
Photo thanks Rock’n Raw Photos – Raw and Unedited
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved