Banana Chia Seed Smoothie
3/4 cup almond milk (or another type of nut/seed milk)
3 seedless dates or 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup for sweetness
3 tablespoons of chia seeds
1. Add all ingredients to the blender and mix until smooth!
1. Add 1 teaspoon cacao powder for “Chocolate Banana Chia Seed Smoothie”
2. Add a handful of strawberries for “Strawberry Banana Chia Seed Smoothie”
1. Freeze for Banana Chia Seed Ice Cream!
2. Freeze and take out each day you need it – if you live a busy lifestyle this is awesome!
3. Freeze the banana before blending for a cooler smoothie.
+ Nutrient Dense
+ Aids weight loss
+ High in protein
+ Good for the digestive system
+ Relieves IBS
+ For clear skin
+ Brain Food
+ Great for the heart, can prevent heart disease or help heal heart disease
+ High in potassium
+ Relaxes the muscles, great for after a workout
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo taken on Liana’s Iphone. That is Moscow the cat you see in the background in NYC!
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved