Bean Bolognese Sauce (Vegan)
Total time: 30 minutes
3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
1 large brown onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic
2 cans of black beans, total 30 oz or 850g (or any type of beans) *You can also use beans in a packet, just soak them overnight and use them in recipe as follows.
3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 organic can of tomato paste 12oz
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried marjoram or parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1. Heat a medium pot with oil and fry the onion and garlic for 3 minutes until tender.
2. Mash the beans (unless you want them whole) with a potato mash instrument. Add the beans to pot and stir fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water and spices and stir fry for 2 minutes.
4. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes so all flavors can become well combined.
5. Serve on raw zucchini pasta, on brown rice pasta or rice.
Add more water if you want a smoother sauce.
+ High in protein
+ Immune Boosting
+ High in Vitamin C
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Roxxe NYC Photography
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved