Buckwheat Noodles with Cheesy Mushrooms, Garlic, Walnuts & Thyme
1/4 package 100% buckwheat soba noodles
1 cup shiitake mushrooms
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup onion, chopped
4 Tablespoons water
1/4 cup walnuts
1 Tablespoon thyme
pinch sea salt
2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Bring a pot of water to boil, add buckwheat noodles and cook according to package directions.
2. De-stem mushrooms by twisting gently. Discard stems. Clean mushroom caps with a damp paper towel.
3. In a skillet, sauté garlic and onion in the olive oil for about 2 minutes on low heat, add mushrooms and water, and cook with lid on until mushrooms are soft.
4. Add cooked noodles, walnuts, thyme, salt, nutritional yeast and lemon juice to skillet. Sauté for another minute or so, mixing everything together.
- fights cancer
- boosts immune system
- source of Vitamin D
- may balance blood sugar levels
- source of Omega 3 fatty-acids
- gluten-free, vegan
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved