Total making time: 1 hour and 10 minutes.
24 Organic and Free Range Chicken Wings
1 cup Nutritional Yeast
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Honey (or maple syrup)
For Hot Sauce:
10 large red peppers (capsicum)
2 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tablespoons of lime/lemon juice
8 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon of ginger
2 tablespoons of Cayenne Pepper
1 teaspoon of Himalayan Salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 F.
2. Make the hot sauce: Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers. Place all Hot Sauce ingredients into a food processor and blend. Pour into a pot and bring to the boil on high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens.
3. Oil an oven dish with coconut oil. Place the chicken wings in. Add half the hot sauce.
4. Cook for 35 minutes and then make more sauce to add…
5. In a bowl mix the rest of the Hot Sauce with 1/2 cup of honey and 3/4 cup of nutritional yeast. Add this sauce to the chicken wings. Sprinkle 1/4 cup nutritional yeast on top and then cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and enjoy!
Serve with quinoa!
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved