Cashew Ice Cream Blocks
1 cup cashew nuts (substitute sunflower seeds or hemp seeds if you have nut allergies) (soak your cashews in water for 3 hours if you want a creamier ice cream.)
2/3 cup Almond Milk or water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a powerful food processor like the VITAMIX or ice cream maker, blend all ingredients until the mixture is as creamy and frothy as you can make it.
2. Pour the mixture into rectangle moulds like seen in the photograph above, you can get ice cream/chocolate/cake moulds like these in a home store, lifestyle store or cooking appliance store.
3. Then allow the ice cream to set in the freezer for 5 hours or overnight. They are great to slice, or just eat them as they are in the block!
1. The more powerful your blender is, the more creamier your ice cream will be.
2. Use one cup of dates instead of maple syrup if you want a cleaner sweetener.
3. Using almond milk instead of water will give you a creamier ice cream. You can also use all cashew milk to keep the recipe consistent with only cashews.
1. Add 1 tablespoon (or more, to taste) cacao powder to make Chocolate Ice Cream Blocks.
2. Add 1 tablespoon cacao powder and 3 tablespoons cacao nibs to make Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Blocks.
3. Add 1 cup strawberries to make Strawberry Ice Cream Blocks.
4. Add 1 tablespoon green tea to make Green Tea Ice Cream Blocks.
5. Add 1 tablespoon very finely ground espresso to make Coffee Ice Cream Blocks.
6. Add a handful of mint leaves and a drop of mint extract to make Mint Ice Cream Blocks.
7. Add a handful of mint leaves, a drop of mint extract, and 1 tablespoon cacao powder to make Chocolate Mint Ice Cream Blocks.
9. Add the juice of 1–2 lemons for Vanilla-Lemon Ice Cream Blocks.
10. Add the juice of 1–2 limes for Vanilla-Lime Ice Cream Blocks.
Calories: 160 | Total Fat: 16g Carbohydrate: 5g | Dietary Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g
+ Vegan /Plant Based
+ Gluten Free
+ High in Anti-oxidants
+ Dairy Free
+ Raw and uncooked
+ Prepared in less that 15 minutes
+ Can soothe anxiety and depression
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. * Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Rock’n Raw Photos– Raw and Unedited
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved