“Cheesy” Cauliflower Thyme Soup
1 cup extra virgin coconut oil plus extra for cooking
one brown onion diced
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
3 carrots peeled and chopped
3 cloves of garlic diced
1 tablespoon himalayan salt
1/2 cup fresh thyme
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 cup of chopped cauliflower
5 cups of vegetable stock
(or make your own vegetable stock: boil for 1.5-2 hours in a large pot… 5 cups of water with 2 carrots diced, 2 tomatoes chopped, 3 celery stalks chopped, 1 small onion diced, 2 cloves of garlic diced, one leek chopped, 3 teaspoons of himalayan salt, a handful of bay leaves, 2 tablespoons of thyme and 2 tablespoons of parsley… After boiling drain so you are left with the liquid. Use this as vegetable stock and you can store in glass jar in fridge for one week. Discard the fiber of the vegetables, use it for compost or eat it, do what you like to be resourceful.)
1. In a large pot add the vegetable stock and coconut oil and bring to the boil. Stir.
2. Lower heat and allow to simmer. Then in a fry pan heat some extra virgin coconut oil. Add the onion and garlic and fry until golden. Then Add the salt and thyme and fry together for a couple minutes and then add all of this fry into the soup pot.
3. Next add the chopped cauliflower, carrot and thyme and let simmer on medium heat for 4 minutes.
4. Add the nutritional yeast and stir.
5. Add the sesame oil and stir.
6. It is ready when the cauliflower is soft to your liking!
Serve with The Earth Diet bread, or not!
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved