Chocolate Buckwheat Cereal
6-8 hours to soak buckwheat
5 minutes to prepare
12-18 hours to dehydrate
6 cups buckwheat
3 cups sweetner of your choice (maple syrup, honey, agave)
3 cups raw cacao powder
1. Soak buckwheat in filtered water overnight
2. Drain and rinse buckwheat
4. Mix buckwheat, sweetener and raw cacao together
5. Spread onto teflon sheet or two
6. Dehydrate at 42 degrees for 12-18 hours (this will depend on how thick the mixture has been spread)
7. Break into small pieces
8. Serve with nut milk of your choice and store the remainder in an airtight container
Adjust sweetener and raw cacao to your own individual taste
Adding a tablespoon or two of coconut butter adds extra depth (a.k.a. yumminess)
Add fruit and nuts to mixture before dehydrating
High in magnesium
Will keep in an airtight container for about three weeks
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Chizelle who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Chizelle
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved