Chocolate Superfood Protein Shake
1 young Thai coconut (meat + water) OR 1/4 cup coconut flakes + 8 oz. coconut water
3 Tablespoons cacao powder
2 teaspoons cacao nibs + 1 teaspoon for garnish
1 teaspoon spirulina powder
1 teaspoon maca powder
2 teaspoons chia seeds
2 teaspoons hemp seeds
1 Medjool date, pitted and cut into small pieces
1/2 vanilla bean OR 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
goji berries for garnish
1. Open the coconut, pour the water into a high-speed blender. Scrape out meat and add to blender. Watch this video on how to open a coconut.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients, blend on high until smooth.
3. Pour into a wine glass (or your favorite glass) and garnish with cacao nibs and goji berries.
- boosts metabolism
- energizing breakfast or meal replacement
- high in protein
- good for digestion
- high in antioxidants
- vegan, gluten-free
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved