Classic Cashew Cheesecake with Almond Crust
Serves: 16 slices
For the base:
4 cups almond meal
5 tablespoons maple syrup (or raw honey)
For the cheesecake filling:
1/2 cup lemon juice (approx 2 large lemons)
3 cups cashews, soaked in water for 3 hours
3/4 cup maple syrup (or raw honey)
3/4 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Make the base. In a bowl, combine the almond meal and maple syrup. The mixture should be dry, but moist enough to hold together. Turn the base mixture into a deep pie dish (2 1/2 quarts) and press evenly to cover the bottom and sides of dish. Set aside.
2. Make the cheesecake filling, put all the ingredients in a powerful blender and blend filling is very smooth and light in texture. There should be no chunks at all. Pour the filling into prepared crust.
3. Freeze for 4 hours. Once set, cut into slices and serve.
1. You can make it without soaking the nuts, but soaking makes it creamier and easier to blend.
2. The cheesecake is ready to eat as soon as you make it, it will be soft and lush once blending is finished, you can always eat it right away, but setting it in the freezer allows it to get hard.
3. You can store this in your freezer for 8 weeks or fridge for 4 weeks – if it lasts that long!
4. You could use walnuts or macadamia nuts as the base for a crunchier texture.
5. To make a smaller cheesecake halve the recipe.
6. You can also make mini cheesecakes.
+ Refined sugar free
+ Dairy free
+ High in protein
+ Increases energy
+ High in Anti-oxidants
+ Can aid weight loss
Total Fat: 28g
Dietary Fiber: 6g
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Roxxe NYC Photography at the very first ALL YOU CAN EAT event by The Earth Diet in New York with Liana Werner-Gray. Ingredients thanks to Wild By Nature in Huntington.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved