Cookie Dough Balls with Chocolate Chunks
This is great snack food, or party food for entertaining!
Total time: 10 minutes
Makes 12 balls
Cookie Dough Balls
2/3 cups of rolled oats (gluten free)
2/3 cups of cashews
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or 2 vanilla beans
2 teaspoons of honey or maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup chopped chocolate chunks, either purchase Raw Chocolate online here, or make the chocolate brownie recipe:
Chocolate brownie chunk:
1 ½ cups walnuts
1 cup dates (approximately 12)
⅓ cup raw cacao
1. Make the chocolate brownie chunk: Place in Vitamix, or other high powered blender for 30 seconds, or until it forms a ball. You can also make it without a blender, just mix all ingredients well in a bowl. You will have to get the dates smooth and moldable so use a mortar and pestle. Press into a baking tray. Freeze while you make the cookie dough balls.
2. Make the cookie dough balls, blend the cashews and oats in a food processor so it makes a ‘flour meal’ consistency. In a bowl add this blend, along with the vanilla, salt and honey and stir.
3. Take hte chocolate brownie chunks out of the freezer and cut them into small chunks, like a chocolate chip. Once all mixed add the chocolate brownie chunks. Add them to the cookie dough mixture and stir around.
4. Roll the mixture into balls.
5. Eat and enjoy! Keep in fridge.
+ Gluten free
+ High in antioxidants
+ Can be used as an antidepressant
+ Aids weight loss
+ High in magnesium, relaxes muscles
+ Increases energy, great workout food
+ Quick and simple
+ Brain food
+ High in protein
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray
Photo thanks Rock’n Raw Photos – Raw and Unedited
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved