Flourless Chocolate Cakes
Makes: Six cakes
(Ramiken Cakes- meaning you will need 6 4-ounce OVEN SAFE jars)
2oz of Cacao Butter
3 tablespoons of Cacao Powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil and more for oiling jars
2 organic free range eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
2. Grease six 4-ounce jars with coconut oil. |
3. In a double boiler over simmering water, melt the cacao butter, coconut oil and cacao powder until smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer and beat the egg whites (keep the yolks) until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
5. In a stand mixer, beat together the coconut sugar and the egg yolks until thick and creamy. Mix 1/4 of the melted chocolate bowl into the egg yolks. Continue to mix, slowly pour the remaining melted chocolate mixture into the egg yolks until all is incorporated. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
6. Spoon 4 tablespoons of the cake batter into each greased jar. Place the jars 2 inches apart on a baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops of the cakes start to crack. Remove from the oven and let the jars cool!
7. Garnish with whatever you like! Chocolate frosting! Fresh Raspberries! Organic Strawberries! Blueberry Sauce! Raw Nut Ice Cream! Plenty of options…
This recipe is REFINED SUGAR FREE, DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE, SOY FREE, CORN FREE. High in magnesium.
This recipe was designed by Jody Loin, Iowa USA, February 2013.
Photo by Rock’n Raw Photos
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved