Green Dream Brownies
Makes: 6 Brownies
Time: 15 minutes prep, 1 hour in freezer
1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1 cup walnuts
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
2 teaspoons (or more) spirulina powder
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon coconut oil (warmed to a liquid)
- Put oats and walnuts in food processor for about 30 seconds
- Add all other ingredients except coconut oil and process until one consistency and color formed (probably another 30 seconds)
- Add coconut oil and pulse until it’s all worked in. It may not look green, but that’s why I called “green dream”, it’s a normal brownie dreaming of the green. Now you understand.
- Lay it all on a sheet and work it into a flat square shape. You can use a roller to flatten the top and push in the sides with your hands.
- Put in freezer for 1 hour, cut into squares, and enjoy!
+ Protein packed
+ Excellent brain food
+ Provides energy
+ Good for skin, eyes, and hair
+ Promotes weight loss
+ Nutrient dense
+ Helps cleanse heavy metals such as lead & mercury
+ Spirulina is a source of vitamin b12, usually only found in animal products
+ Rich in antioxidants, phytonutrients, fatty acids, and trace minerals
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Earth Diet online designer Salvatore Fiteni.
Photo taken by Salvatore with his android phone.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved