Green Sprout Soup with Brown Rice Pasta (Gluten Free)
Total making time: 30 minutes
Serves: 5 people
18 cups of water
4 1/2 cups of juice pulp/fiber (after making 3 x Green Juice)
2 1/2 tablespoons cumin powder
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sage
1 tablespoon thyme
Dash of cayenne pepper 1 cup of fresh cilantro
3 cups of brown rice pasta or quinoa
1 1/4 cup fresh sprouts
1. In a pot add all of the ingredients excluding the brown rice pasta and sprouts.
2. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium/low. Stir and cook for 20 minutes.
3. While the soup is cooking, cook the brown rice pasta (or quinoa) as per instructions on the packet. When it is cooked add it to the soup and stir for a minute before removing from heat.
4. Serve the soup into bowls.
5. Garnish each bowl with 1/4 cup of fresh sprouts.
1. If you want a smooth soup, blend all the ingredients in a VITAMIX or high speed blender and then add to pot and cook for 20 minutes.
2. You can use the pulp from any juice and make it into a soup!
+ Super high in Vitamins, Minerals and Nutrients
+ High in anti-oxidants
+ Accelerates weight loss
+ High in protein
+ Gluten Free
+ Cleanses heavy metals and toxins from cells
+ Immune boosting
+ Experts estimate that there can be up to 100 times more enzymes in sprouts than uncooked fruits and vegetables. Enzymes are special types of proteins that act as catalysts for all your body’s functions. Read more: http://www.care2.com/greenliving/10-reasons-to-eat-sprouts.html#ixzz2qtijYgl9
*** Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Rock’n Raw Photos – Raw and Unedited
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved