Lemon Rice w Peanuts & Fresh Garden Salad (inc Rose Petals and Lavender!)
Serves: 2-4 people
1 cup of rice
2.5 cups of water
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon coriander/cilantro seeds
1/3 cup roasted peanuts
1 cup kale, diced finely
1 cucumber, chopped into small bite size pieces
1/4 cup fresh basil, diced
1/4 cup rose petals
1 tablespoon lavender
1. Add rice and water to a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and grains are soft, about 15 minutes.
3. Squeeze the lemon on the rice and stir.
4. Add the oil, black pepper, coriander seeds, and peanuts and stir toss until all is well combined.
5. Now add the ingredients from the garden, the kale, cucumber, basil, rose petals and lavender! Enjoy!
+You can use brown rice
+You can replace the rice with quinoa.
+ Dairy Free
+ Gluten Free
+ High in Vitamin C
+ High in Protein
+ Very high in antioxidants
+ Can aid weight loss
+ Lavender for relieving stress, anxiety and depression
+ Rose petals for heart health, improving cardiovascular system, unblocking arteries
*** Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray
Photo thanks to Rock’n Raw Photos – Raw and Unedited #NoFilter
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved