Macro Sushi Rolls
1/2 cup short-grain sweet brown rice (dry)
1 cup water
3 Organic nori seaweed sheets
1/2 cup sauerkraut
1/2 avocado, cut into strips
2 carrots, peeled and cut into strips
1 small beet, peeled and cut into small pieces
handful sesame seeds
1. In a pan, bring water and rice to boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, for about 40 minutes. Fluff rice with fork. Let cool.
2. Meanwhile, prep all sushi fillings.
3. To assemble sushi, lay nori sheets rough side up (shiny side down). Add about 1/3 cup rice on top of nori sheet, side closest to you, 1 inch from the edge. Spread evenly across nori sheets.
4. Layer the rest of ingredients in this order: sauerkraut, avocado, beet, carrot.
5. Carefully roll up sushi. Wet your finger and moisten the edge of nori to seal closed.
6. Cut into rounds with sharp knife.
7. Dip rolls in sesame seeds and serve with tamari or Coconut Aminos.
- probiotics aids digestion
- source of B vitamins
- high in fiber
- vegan, gluten-free
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved